Extended Schools and Every Child Matters
Every Child Matters and the development of Extended Schools are the cornerstones of the government’s agenda for Children’s Services, as well as providing the basis for the Inspection Framework.
Hamdon Education, through Nigel Gann and his colleagues, can offer a wide range of support to schools - including governing bodies, senior leadership teams, local authorities and multi-agency management and development groups:
- familiarise governors and staff with Every Child Matters outcomes and help them to develop strategies to achieve them;
- provide workshops for governors and staff to understand what the school does and what it might do to achieve the outcomes for its students;
- provide consultancy/facilitation to help schools to consider how they can provide the core offer required of Extended Schools;
- support the management and governance of Extended Schools.
Nigel worked in community schools for almost all of his teaching and management career, and opened and managed a ground-breaking community education project in Southampton.
- a consultant facilitator/trainer in Extended Schools with the National Remodelling Team, training Extended Schools Remodelling Consultants
- a consultant facilitator for the National College for School Leadership for Multi-Agency Team Development, working with Local Authority teams in Inner London consultant trainer to FPM, which works with ContinYou and The Extended Schools Support Service (TESS), to develop and support head teachers and coordinators of Extended Schools.